Acts as the focal point/technical authority for pipeline engineering projects throughout the business development, engineering design construction and installation phases of the pipeline projects. Responsible for the achievement of strategic sales targets and margins in the industrial oil and gas pipeline market. Ensures the achievement of short and long-range goals for industrial oil and gas pipeline market business development operations to support the organizationís strategic goals for performance and in financial growth. Collaborates on the research and analysis of business opportunities, assessing potential clients and developing projects. Assists with strategic sales planning and execution with Business Development Staff, COO, and Director of Project Management. The Oil and Gas Pipeline Practice Leader has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
1. Marketing Thompson Holdings, Inc. companiesí services to current and potential clients. Participating in business development activities, providing completed project write-upís, and updated resume information as requested.
2. Assuring that all engineering work performed by individuals under his/her direct supervision adheres to good engineering practice. Handling preliminary design studies, project planning, layouts, and other activities which lead to the actual engineering of a project.
3. Consulting with clients, other engineers, architects, vendors, etc., as necessary to determine the most practical and desirable engineering design in keeping with the budget and schedule.
4. Preparing design basis for engineering projects and equipment.
5. Selecting suitable materials and equipment in accordance with good engineering practices.
6. Preparing accurate estimates of drawings and resources necessary to engineer a project.
7. Writing specifications for materials and equipment in a clear, concise manner.
8. Anticipating information needed and taking the necessary action to obtain it.
9. Preparing detailed engineering designs in accordance with good engineering practice, including project total installed cost estimates and schedules, and in compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and restrictions.
10. Organizing, scheduling, and directing the work of others so as to make the most efficient use of personnel and the allotted budget and schedule.
11. Directing and supervising, checking, and assuming responsibility for all work done under his/her direction, including Engineers and Associates, Designers, Drafters, Technicians, and sub-contractors for which the Practice Leader is the Engineer of Record.
12. Coordinating work with that of other designers, architects, estimators, sub-contractors, purchasing personnel, management, etc., involved in the project.
13. Completing work on time and within the allotted budget and resource estimate.
14. Contacting customers on behalf of Thompson Engineering for the purpose of soliciting new business. Developing and strengthening existing relationships to expand client demand. Generating leads by networking with potential clients and other sources through participation in community and professional organizations.
15. Following Thompson Engineering company policies and procedures regarding safety and quality.
16. Coordinating the participation of personnel on projects for which the Practice Leader is the lead discipline for multiple discipline projects.
17. Acting as project authority for overall quality assurance for all aspects of pipeline design to include, but not limited to design basis, design drawings, specifications and installation procedures.
18. Assisting construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation (e.g. as related to pipe laying, risers, tie-ins, hydro testing, welding, etc.)
19. Initiating and coordinating tasks needed for project execution including surveys, permitting, or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
20. Providing pipeline engineering input to other disciplines to assure that the design outputs are consistent.
21. Providing technical leadership and strategic direction for the team and makes active contribution as a key member of the Engineering Team.
22. Taking commercial responsibility for work executed within the teams.
23. Acting as line manager for Pipeline Team Members.
24. Ensuring on time and regular attendance.
1. Other duties as required
1. A bachelorís degree in mechanical, petroleum, or industrial engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
2. Registration as a Professional Engineer in TX, LA, and AL, MS, or the ability to obtain registration within 3 months.
3. A minimum of fifteen years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry.
4. Has proven experience establishing relationships with clients, pipeline operators, owners, developers, and contractors.
5. The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
6. A minimum of five years project management experience.
7. Proven track record in leading a design engineering team, with the ability to prioritize work to meet company and client deadlines.
8. Previous experience with pipeline installations including open cut, jack and bore, horizontal directional drilling, and above ground.
9. Experience in engineering and design of natural gas process facilities and associated compression equipment. Experience with liquefied natural gas (LNG) gasification and liquefaction facilities preferred but not required.
1. Must be willing to work flexible schedules and overtime as needed by the department needs.
2. Must be able to operate a computer and sit for long periods of time
3. Must be able to travel over extended time and distance.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.